Port Macquarie Who's Who
Distinguished and Famous people from Port Macquarie
Distinguished and Famous People from the Region of Port Macquarie in New South Wales, Australia
Port Macquarie, located on the mid-north coast of New South Wales, Australia, is home to a rich history of people who have contributed significantly to the world. Here are some of the distinguished and famous people from the region:
1. Lorraine Lea Linen: Lorraine Lea Linen is a famous Australian company that was founded in Port Macquarie in 1986. The company initially started as a small business from the founder’s garage and has now grown into a nationwide linen company.
2. Dr. Charlie Teo: Dr. Charlie Teo is a world-renowned neurosurgeon who was born in Sydney but moved to Port Macquarie. He has made significant contributions to neurosurgery and has performed multiple surgeries worldwide.
3. Peter Garrett: Peter Garrett is a prominent Australian musician, environmentalist, politician, and activist. He was born in Port Macquarie and grew up in the city before joining the rock band Midnight Oil.
4. Sam Loxton: Sam Loxton was a former Australian cricketer who was born in the region of Port Macquarie. He had played cricket for Australia and had scored his maiden century in the first Test of the Ashes series against England.
5. Tom Hafey: Tom Hafey was an Australian rules football player and coach. He was born in Port Macquarie and had played 67 games for the Richmond Tigers in the Victorian Football League. Hafey coached the Tigers to four premierships and was inducted into the Australian Football Hall of Fame in 1996.
6. Jan Stephenson: Jan Stephenson is a former Australian professional golfer who was born in Port Macquarie. She was one of the major stars of the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Tour in the 1970s and 1980s.
7. Rebecca Wilson: Rebecca Wilson was a prominent Australian sports journalist who was born in Port Macquarie. She was a former editor of the Sunday Telegraph and had appeared on several sports shows in the country.
8. Brett Cottle: Brett Cottle is a renowned music executive who was born in Port Macquarie. He had worked in the music industry for over 30 years and has served as the CEO of the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA).
These are just some of the distinguished and famous people from the region of Port Macquarie in New South Wales, Australia. The city has produced many talented people who have excelled in various fields and have made significant contributions to the country and the world.